- Recognize the role of learning objectives in deciding what knowledge and skills to assess.
- Classify learning objectives according to skill domain (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and level of learning (recognition/recall or application/critical thinking).
- Consider a vast range of assessment methods and select a method that is optimal for the skill to be assessed.
Suggested NBME U Companion Courses
- How to Create a Good Score
- Purposes and Types of Assessments: An Overview
- Score Reporting
- Test Blueprinting II: Creating a Test Blueprint
- Test Score Reliability Overview
- Validity and Threats to Validity
NBME U is not an educational institution, and the information and services provided through the NBME U website are not part of an accredited or state-approved educational program.