- Describe the types of feedback that can be given by standardized patients.
- Develop training materials for standardized patients to enable them to give effective feedback.
- Develop a feedback quality assurance tool for monitoring standardized patient–student encounters.
Suggested NBME U Companion Courses
- An Introduction to the Use of Generalizability Theory in OSCEs
- Building a Clinical Skills Center
- Developing Rating Scales and Checklists for OSCEs
- Quality Assurance of Standardized Patients
- Reality Check: Promoting Realism in SPs
- Training Physicians to Rate OSCE Patient Notes
- Working with Standardized Patients for Assessment
NBME U is not an educational institution, and the information and services provided through the NBME U website are not part of an accredited or state-approved educational program.